Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Reading

Poor man
A man was sleeping on a park bench late at night. A man and woman were walking past. One of them tapped him on the shoulder and asked, excuse me what‘s the time? The poor man was very angry being woken up. I don’t know! He said angrily. I haven’t got a watch. And he went back to sleep. Some time later another man was passing. He wakes the poor man up and said. I’m sorry to bother you, but I wonder if you could tell me what time it is. Again the poor man said that he didn’t know. By now he was very angry, so he got a pen and a piece of paper and wrote: I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE TIME IS!!!! On it and went back to sleep. Half and hour later, a policeman was passing, he read the sign, woke the poor man and said: It’s 2:30 sir.

New words:
Shoulder: the part of your body between your neck and your arm.
Tap: hit or touch somebody or something quickly and lightly.
Poor: a person with a little money.
Bother: worry somebody.

2 comments:

durling mahaya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
durling mahaya said...

I wrote this story in my page because I think it’s funny a little. I guess that if I was in his shoes I do it too,when the policeman read the sign and woke the poor man up.